Monthly Archives: January 2015

One potential fix for the SSRS “Thread was being aborted” error…

One potential fix for the SSRS “Thread was being aborted” error….

One potential fix for the SSRS “Thread was being aborted” error…

I’ve been working with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) recently, and it’s been an eye-opener. I can now give my customers some spreadsheets on lists over 5000 items that are updated every day without intervention. It’s a game changer in terms of solutions I can design.

I did run into a frustrating problem, however. After a few days of my scheduled SSRS jobs running fine, I started getting an error: “Thread was being aborted”20150118Image01

There are many blog posts out there on that topic, but none of them seemed to relate to what we were seeing. After playing around a bit, I found that we were likely getting the error due to a time-out error for our job running too long. When I removed the server time limit for that job, things ran fine.

To do that, select “Manage Processing Options” on the report configuration:20150118Image02

In the “Processing Time-out” section, select “Do not limit report processing time-out”:20150118Image03

I’ve since adjusted theĀ “Limit report processing time-out (in seconds) to” setting to 7200 seconds (two hours) so that there is *some* level of control for run-away jobs. Still, it’s nice to know that I can control this with each individual job now.